It’s been quite a month!!! So much going on I’ve barely had time to think!
I’ll keep it fairly concise. But here’s what’s been going on:
- My new Dr turned out to be “not the best person” for me. His demeanor and way of interacting with patients was not at all to my liking (enough that I cried after both appointments with him), and his dismissive manner was downright deplorable. So I wrote a rather scathing letter to his direct superiors at MSK requesting an immediate change.
- I got that change and will be meeting with my new oncologist on April 3rd. She works out of the NYC location which is a bit of a pain but manageable. I will go back to Basking Ridge for my treatments which I’m happy about as I like the feel of the place there and I know many of the nurses and they’re super lovely.
- Because of this horrible situation with the Dr it also propelled me to getting a second opinion appt at MD Anderson which I will have on the 25th March. I think that will be great in having a fresh set of eyes on all my results and seeing how another facility manages treating Cancer patients.
- I will also be meeting with my original Dr at MSK who is now heavily involved with clinical trials so we can research if there are any trials that may be suitable.
- I got the results of my PET scan. Basically no new news. My liver lights up like a damn Christmas tree and there are no visible resection-able parts so surgery is still not an option. Tumors measure about the same as they did in December but it’s difficult to accurately compare as the last scan was a CT.
- There has been no discussion of radiation but I will be raising this with my new Dr in April.
And that’s where we are at. Sometimes we need adversity in order to spur us on to make some important changes and demand better treatment and I feel like I’m back on the right track. Although at the moment I’m a little in limbo as I don’t actually have any doctor I know personally that I can call with questions or concerns.
And in between all of that, we celebrated my birthday with a ski trip to Jackson Hole. Now that was fun (the cold I got at the end of it is still hounding me but the skiing was fabulous!) We had an amazing time, pushed our bodies to do some long and strong days of skiing and saw a bunch of moose!!! So cool.
About to start treatment #34!!! Here we go again. Last time at Montvale so I’ll enjoy the private treatment room and just have a quiet little 3 hour nap!!!
Enjoy the sunshine…it’s a gorgeous day outside xxx